Name:
Location: Kitchener, Ontario, Canada

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Welcome!

So the name of my blog....It is the name of The Wreckers c.d, also a titled track! I love it and play it in my car constantly. Its worth checking out! Its a little bit country, a little Michelle Branch roots and just great song writing. There is a track for every mood you could ever be in.
What I am reading....... A great book for a report in my E.A class, called: Kids Are Worth It-Barbara Coloroso. It sounds cheesy I know, but I have been pleasantly surprised. Its really written for parents although she is a teacher. She takes everything we've ever known about parenting and puts it to the test; the way we were raised and the way we will/are raising our children. Her basic message- parents don't always know best. The most interesting thing I've read so far, is her break down on the different types of families. She says there are three types, the brick-wall family, the jellyfish family, and the backbone family. The brick-wall is a dicatatorship, "As long as you're under my roof, you'll do what I say." The jellyfish family is broken up into A and B. 'A' is lenient because they had a brick-wal family, "You can stay up as late as you want, I had to be in bed by 8 until I was 16". ' B' is lenient because they just can't be bothered, "Go ahead have icecream for supper, I have no time to cook anyway." And the back bone family is nurturing and gives their children limits and choices, "You can do it I know you can, I'm here to catch you if you need me." Then it goes on to describe the type of product these families produce. I highly recommend this book, it applies to everyone because it explains why people are the way they are and who isn't constantly wondering that? And who doesn't love a book that questions authority.
This season I am watching......Grey's Anatomy, I can't believe George is single again! Or that he is a fictional character:( I'm in love with Dr. George O'Malley. Mom has been great at taping Lost for me (school night) I'm really confused but I think we're supposed to be??? How many "Others" are there???and Desperate Housewives, its always a good laugh and I love trying to predict what will happen, but I hate soaps, OK!
(yikes! Mike just woke up from his coma....is it a soap?)
Things on my mind...... SELL, SELL,SELL!!!! tickets for Brian's Fundraiser. Start, work on and complete my group project, group project meaning just me! Because my friend and only group member got knocked up and quit school! Also making me the only "non-Mom" in the whole damn estogen driven class! Just kidding love you C.J. I'm also worried about going to The Stampede this Saturday, I don't want to EVER be that hung over again. I also have to do the whole bridesmaid thing again with Liz, starting this Saturday we're looking at dresses. I'm really happy for her don't get me wrong; its just that I feel more like an old maid than a bridesmaid.
Thought/quote of the day.... "There is a Universal truth I have found in my work. Everybody longs to be loved. And the greatest thing we can ever do is let somebody know that they are loved and capable of loving.
-Fred Rodgers, of Mr. Rodgers Neighbourhood.

3 Comments:

Blogger ARGrogan said...

I love that you started a blog! Great idea and it's very cathartic to get stuff out of your head, as long as you don't mind us reading it!
Keep it up, you are now a part of my morning "Blog Check"!
xxoo Andrea

06:00  
Blogger JC said...

Thanks for sharing this with me. I hope you like writing it as much as I'll like reading it! Love Jen

07:01  
Blogger Miss McCann said...

Thanks guys! I think it is very therapeutic.

11:47  

Post a Comment

<< Home