I don't know where the time goes
Sometimes you feel like you've come to a fork in the road. Things are changing beyond your control and if you could stop everything in its tracks, you would. The Stampede has changed, I don't know when it happened but on Saturday it hit me! I feel like I have stayed the same, while everyone else found something better to do Saturday nights. There were things about that place I never thought would or could change. It happened slowly but surely they all moved on. The DuHart and her crew, Jason Blaine and other bands that went on to find bigger and better gigs; Mike the DJ-gone, Cogan, many other newfie's, even Buck hasn't made an appearance in a long time. This whole time I've wanted to find something more productive to do on my Saturday nights, but I thought that ol' country bar would be there until I did. I even forgot to mention the smoking situation has hit an all time low, but we wont get into that. Nanny Dic(ok so she's still there) Is really missing those days you could smoke in the bar. Even the bouncers! theres only like two left that are the originals (Thick neck,XS t-shirt aka BJ and the old grumpy guy). I can only imagine how Sammy's goers must have felt when they paved paradise and put up a parking lot!!!!!! Anyway, Cathy and I made the best of it and had a good time thanks to the Bob crew showing up. You know, I couldn't get a nice drink all night, maybe that was my problem.
In other news..... I went dress shopping with Liz on Saturday, I think we found our dresses. I was trying to find a picture on line but had no luck. If I do I'll post it. They're beautiful! And Liz tried on her wedding dress for us, its so her and just gorgeous! I have pictures of that on my phone, but don't know how to do anything with them.
Can't wait to go shopping, I got the Friday and the Saturday off!! I'm so excited!
Thought/Quote of the day...We were wanna be rebels who didn't have a clue With our Rock n' roll T-shirts, and our typically bad attitudes Had no excuses for the things that we'd done We were brave, we were crazy, we were mostly Young -Kenny Chesney.
In other news..... I went dress shopping with Liz on Saturday, I think we found our dresses. I was trying to find a picture on line but had no luck. If I do I'll post it. They're beautiful! And Liz tried on her wedding dress for us, its so her and just gorgeous! I have pictures of that on my phone, but don't know how to do anything with them.
Can't wait to go shopping, I got the Friday and the Saturday off!! I'm so excited!
Thought/Quote of the day...We were wanna be rebels who didn't have a clue With our Rock n' roll T-shirts, and our typically bad attitudes Had no excuses for the things that we'd done We were brave, we were crazy, we were mostly Young -Kenny Chesney.

1 Comments:
By the time Sammy's closed, we had already followed the Duhart to The Stampede but it was still a bit of loss when the building came down. I remember when The Stampede changed for me, when I had to line up for over an hour to get in and then when I did get in, not knowing another soul. Hang in though - it can still get good again and when Junior arrives I'm going to want to go out with my bitches so don't give up on The Stampede just yet!
Post a Comment
<< Home