Name:
Location: Kitchener, Ontario, Canada

Monday, October 30, 2006

Perspective

What I'm watching this season..... I was very disapointed today to find out that T.R Knight (George O'Malley) Of Grey's Anatomy, the one I said I loved.....IS GAY! I guess I can still love George the character, he's not gay. But its just not the same.
Coming out. Did you know that people can come out for all types of things? I was watching The Passionate Eye, I know I'm a geek! Anyway, this little person had a coming out party when he decided to embrace his dwarfism. Weird eh? I forgot to mention before that Mom and I don't miss Little People Big World.

At The Beam..... My focus lately has been on living in the now. I find myself all to often thinking eventually, or when I accomplish this, when I graduate, when I move out and when I find someone. Yes, I can't help but look forward to those things but what about today, what about right this minute. Are we so focused on goals and ambitions that we forget to stop and smell the flowers? Just tonight at work, I was in one of the group homes and before I put one of our little guys to bed, I sat in the lazy boy and cuddled him for a bit. As I sat there patting his bum, just like he loves, I realized something. This is my job! I am getting paid to love this little butterball who is, thee cuddlest 3 year old boy you could ever meet! I actually took a minute to say, Wow! my job is great! I feel blessed. How lucky am I ? How many people put their all into a job and get what I get back. His little dimples and his little giggles make everything worth it! I wish I could step back for those moments more often.
Things on my mind.... time to go to bed.
Thought/Quote of the day......Love people and use things; not love things and use people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home