My friend and my Dad
So I have this single friend and she's the type that re-invents herslef every couple of months. I had a long talk with her tonight. Her new idea for enhancement is to get porcelain verniers, which cost about $2000 that she does not have. She plans do it in instalments. Her last venture was laser cellulite treatment, which left her permanently bruised, $800 later. I tried to first ask her why she wanted this and reminded her of what happened last time. She said it was for herself, but I don't believe that. I tried to say that any guy worth her time and effort wouldn't care about the gap in her teeth or the size and appearance of her thighs. She agreed and went on to discuss how she could pay for her new smile. I really don't know what else I can do for her, she says she agrees with me but then she doesn't come to the same conclusions. I can only think, she's going to do what she's going to do and it doesn't matter what sense it makes.
I guess having a Dad around to tell you how beautiful you are, really is important. I mean, I have things I'd like to change but its nothing serious and I wouldn't go out and get plastic surgery! But I have a Dad who would always say, you don't need all of that make-up-you're beautiful without it. Its weird you know but I really do think the kind of Dad you have really says what kind of woman you'll be.
I remember my Dad playing dolls on the floor with me. How many girls can say that? He was just really involved and he cared about the family. So you say, healthy father daughter relationship.....healthy adult relationship. Thats just the problem, I'm never going to find a guy as good as my Dad. Maybe I'll just have to settle for... wants to be as good as my Dad.
Thought/Quote of the day...."Fathers be good to your daughters,
daughters will love like you do." -John Mayer
I guess having a Dad around to tell you how beautiful you are, really is important. I mean, I have things I'd like to change but its nothing serious and I wouldn't go out and get plastic surgery! But I have a Dad who would always say, you don't need all of that make-up-you're beautiful without it. Its weird you know but I really do think the kind of Dad you have really says what kind of woman you'll be.
I remember my Dad playing dolls on the floor with me. How many girls can say that? He was just really involved and he cared about the family. So you say, healthy father daughter relationship.....healthy adult relationship. Thats just the problem, I'm never going to find a guy as good as my Dad. Maybe I'll just have to settle for... wants to be as good as my Dad.
Thought/Quote of the day...."Fathers be good to your daughters,
daughters will love like you do." -John Mayer

1 Comments:
Donnie K. used to quote Pop Lane to me all the time, "pretty girls don't need makeup" - which is a nice in theory but sometimes a girl needs a little blush! They say you end up marrying someone just like your dad which I can see - someday it'll be "some good song, Joanne"!
Post a Comment
<< Home