Name:
Location: Kitchener, Ontario, Canada

Thursday, December 21, 2006

My Angel is getting BETTER!!!!!

Just wanted to let you know he's making a miraculous recovery! I saw him tonight, he's almost back to his regular self. I was at a different house, when I got off at 8pm, I popped in to see him. I had heard from the nurse already, that he was doing much better, but went to see for myself. He was off the oxygen and back on regular feeds. Stupid me, I walked in with a Zehrs bag(my lunch) and right away he got excited because he thought I had a present for him. As I have brought in bags with presents so many times before. When I showed him it was just an empty water bottle, bottle of diet coke and an empty Christmas container, he looked confused. But then he decided he wanted to play with the container, he wore it as a hat, then made me do the same. He laughed so hard, deep belly laughs, that made him cough but it is good for him to get it out. We played for a while with his magnetic toys he had laying around. Then I pointed to the clock and the dark night outside and told him I needed to go home to bed. He made a mad face and scrunched his eyebrows. So I put my head down on his chest, closed my eyes and pretended to snore. Again, he tried not to laugh because he was supposed to be mad, but he couldn't hold in those deep belly laughs. He tried to rip my coat off, and make me stay awhile, but I told him it was bedtime. He wasn't impressed and wouldn't give me a kiss goodbye. So I kissed him on each cheek a million times really fast, until he laughed again. But still refused to give me a kiss. So I made a sad face and waved goodbye. Then in the door, I looked back one more time and he raised his hand to his mouth and blew me a kiss. I blew him one back with a big smile. It was cool because usually when he tries to do that his hand has a hard time reaching his mouth; this time it looked like he did it with no effort.
He didn't have that sick look in his eyes, a couple days ago he couldn't even smile. This is the fastest recovery I've ever seen him have. Must have been all of the prayers and well wishes.
Being at the group home for Christmas is looking better than it ever has.
Thought/Quote of the day................

To love for the sake of being loved is human,
But to love for the sake of loving is angelic.
-Alphonse De Lamartine

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home