Name:
Location: Kitchener, Ontario, Canada

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Tissues, Halls and cabin fever

I've been sick, sick, sick! This last week and a half is such a blur. Between all the cold medicine and late night hours up coughing, I don't know what's going on. I felt like a pile of crap all last week. I went to work anyway, unitl Friday night I was supposed to work 4-12. The nurse made me wear a mask! Who am I protecting? Where do you think I got this!? And since its a home and there's no staff room for your break, I couldn't really eat or drink. After protesting the inconvenience and that life isn't really fair; as a part time employee I don't get paid to be sick, the nurse sent me home. I didn't return all weekend, I lazed around taking dose after dose of drowsy cough medicine. After staying up all night, went to the clinic Monday morning. Got some penicillin and although I still have the nagging old man hack, I'm doing much better. Thank god penicillin is cheap because to add to the unfairness in my life, I no longer have a drug plan!
So now I'm poor, poor, poor! But I'm not sick! Hope there really is a Santa Claus, for everyone elses sake!
Ok enough whining for one night.
Thought/Quote of the day.....
What's in a Christmas card? What does giving one and receiving one mean to you? Please comment!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home